Important Information Read
• Full day
• English• French• Italian• Portugese• Spanish
At your Hotel or Apartment. Please advise.
At your Hotel or Apartment.
- Transportation in a luxury coach
- Private driver/guide
- Fuel, parking and highway fees
- Wine tastings
- Visit to Falcoaria Real (time permitting)
Not mentioned drinks or meals
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: No restitution
This tour is available for all group sizes. If your group is bigger than 8, please contact us!
The itinerary might change depending on your pick up location.
Price from € 260 per group
Tagus Vineyards Tour
Visit one of Portugal's finest wine estates on a full-day wine tasting tour of the Tagus Vineyards. Skip the crowded wineries of Setúbal, and head north to the Ribatejo region, where tradition still plays an important role, and old families keep their wine estates alive.
Go to Quinta da Lagoalva to see what the Ribatejo is all about. The estate has been a renowned property since the 12th century. Experience the historic atmosphere of an authentic Portuguese winery, and ride a horse-drawn carriage through the estate, before sampling the produce.
Continue to Almeirim for a typical lunch of sopa da pedra (stone soup), one of the most traditional dishes in Portuguese cuisine. Then, go to Vieira do Escaroupim to see the stilt huts where fishermen used to live. If there's enough time, enjoy a short visit to the Falcoaria Real (Royal Falcon Training Center) in the surviving part of the old royal complex of Salvaterra de Magos.
Before your return to Lisbon, visit one more winery; either the Quinta do Casal Branco or Casa Cadaval. As well as the wine, both estates breed Lusitano horses. Return to Lisbon along the shores of the Tagus River.
- Leave Lisbon to the Tagus Valley, one hour North of the city
- At Alpiarça, visit an old wine estate from the 12th century, and sample their award-winning wines
- Stop for lunch at Vieira do Escaroupim, or try the "Sopa da Pedra" (stone soup) in Almeirim
- Go to the falconry of the Falcoaria Real (time permitting) in Salvaterra de Magos
- Meet one of the oldest wine producing families in Portugal and head back to Lisbon